Our client is an independent oil and gas company with producing interests in the North Sea, Indonesia, Mauritania and Pakistan. After several new discoveries in recent years, the signing of substantial commercial supply agreements, new exploration projects underway and an increased focus on people’s career management and Learning and Development programmes, our client is entering an exciting time of growth and positive change throughout the region.
Due to the newly acquired project, the company is in need of a strong who can fulfil the accountabilities highlighted below. Ideally, our client is looking for candidates who are already residing in Jakarta, Indonesia.
Based in Jakarta, the incumbent will be responsible for all Technical Support Group (TSG) activities to the Development and Operations functions. TSG includes 4 sub-groups which work together in an integrated way to make sure all customer needs from Production Operations (priority #1) and Facilities Development (priority #2) are met in full.
Facilities Engineering: a multi-disciplined group of professional engineers which are either on point for Operational support and Change Management Governance or deployed out to live project teams either during FEED or Project Execution phases.
Static Facilities Integrity: this group ensures Process Safety in terms of corrosion management, structural and pressure containment integrity, inspection and certification of facilities.
Maintenance Systems: this group is responsible for integrating together all maintenance routines and practices into one Field Integrity Management System (FIMS), development of the associated CMMS system. It also ensures rotating equipment care and maintenance so to preserve safety and uptime targets. It is also engaged in developing Independent Verification Body (IVB) systems of work which effectively audit FIMS execution.
Instrument Controls and Electrical integrity: this team ensures integrity of electrical and control systems and software.
The TSG is a new concept. The TSG holds the Technical Authorities Staff which are assigned to govern and control the safety of the equipment allowing the Production Operations teams onshore and offshore to maximise revenues and operate the plant in the safe knowledge of its intrinsic integrity.
Industry recognised codes and standards of engineering and maintenance work are expected to be ensured by the TSG Manager.
Team development and management skills will be tested in this role, through developing existing staff who may not have operated before in a structured formalised way with clear accountabilities and technical authorities, to operate in accordance with this mandate.
The incumbent will also be responsible for forging strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders especially the Regulator BPMIGAS.
Should you know anybody who fits and may be interested with the role, please do not hesitate to pass on my contact information and this email to them. I would be happy to discuss this opportunity at the soonest as I only have until Friday this week to submit my proposed candidate.
ROLE: Technical Support Group Manager
• Graduate degree in Engineering or a related discipline
• Membership of professional and industry associations
Skills (and experience)
• 15 – 20 years of Engineering and Maintenance experience within Energy or Natural Resources.
• Offshore Fields experience essential • 5 + years of team management, including development and mentoring of national staff • Engineering and CMMS Systems development experience. • Contract / subcontract management experience.
• Gas processing experience desirable.
• Competent in emergency response to offshore fields, incident command and control. • Thorough working knowledge of HSEQ policies and procedures. • Management of contract conditions and contractor requirements.
• Ability to adapt in a dynamic and changing work environment.
• Demonstrate leadership with reports, supervisors and peers. • Capability to build sustainable relationships with all contact points, internal and external • Ability to think laterally; identify, analyse and solve problems. • Ability to organise work activities to identify and take advantage of efficiency and improvement opportunities.
• Develop, implement and monitor compliance to policies and procedures for the safe and efficient maintenance of offshore plant and equipment.
• Define and execute due maintenance of SCE’s under the banner of the IVB process using the knowledge and expertise of the Technical Authorities. • Maintain safety and production critical elements (SCE’s) to a level as determined by the Safety Case • Manage all technical authorities within the department. • Soliciting budget funds from the Sr Operations Manager and being accountable for delivering agreed scopes of work / projects, within that agreed budget. • Develop contract strategies, and work alongside Contracts and Procurement department to ensure the department fulfils company, BPMIGAS and PTK 007 requirements. • Identify training needs and propose development plans to ensure staffs are competent within their respective roles. • Plan and co-ordinate the activities of external contractors specialists and vendors in relation to engineering and maintenance activities • Manage all technical authorities within the department. • Ensure facilities are designed, installed, operated and maintained in accordance with the company, National and International standards including the company’s HSEQ system. • Assist in the design, procure, install and commissioning of capital brown field enhancements as required by the operating assets. • Provide a technical service, ensuring that all topsides and seabed facilities and pipe lines are developed then operated safely and cost effectively to achieve optimal process performance. • Provide technical assurance including response to engineering queries in support of the field. • Provide technical support to non-operated assets to ensure maximum value is obtained for POI and that all facilities are designed in line with Premier Oil codes and standards. • Provide technical support and input to North Sumatra Block A non-operated assets. • Help ensure the company has sufficient properly skilled engineering and maintenance staff (onshore and offshore) to meet current and future requirements. • Ensure career development of existing and recruitment of new staff in accordance with agreed headcount budgets and business needs. Ensure development of National TSG staff into progressively more senior positions within the organisation.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Cleo Princess Silvosa | Recruitment Consultant| Brunel International South East Asia Pte Ltd