Posting date: March 26, 2010Expiry date: April 09, 2010
Talisman Energy Inc. is a large, independent upstream oil and gas company headquartered in Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Talisman has operations in Canada and its subsidiaries operate in the North Sea, Southeast Asia, Australia, North Africa, the United States and Trinidad and Tobago.
Talisman entered Indonesia in 1994 through the acquisition of Bow Valley Energy Inc, giving us interests in the Corridor Block and Ogan Komering JOB in South Sumatera, among other assets.
Through the 2005 acquisition of Paladin Resource, Talisman acquired interests in the offshore South East Sumatera Block, Offshore North West Java Block and Jambi Merang in 2010.
Talisman was awarded the high potential deepwater Pasangkayu Block (in partnership with Marathon Oil as operator) in 2006, continued with the high potential deepwater Sageri Block in 2007 and Andaman III in 2009.From existing producing assets alone, Talisman is expected to achieve rapid growth in Indonesia in the next few years (from almost 50,000 boe per day in 2007 to over 80,000 boe perday in 2010).
Experienced and suitably qualified Indonesian Nationals seeking challenging employment are invited to apply for this position
Senior Finance Coordinator
Reporting to the Finance Manager, you will be responsible for:
• Supervising a team of accountants who are responsible for the day to day operational accounting and treasury matters relating to the operated PSC activity and representative office.
• Overseeing accounting for Operated PSCs and joint study activities and ensure compliance in accordance with PSC terms.
• Overseeing cost management process including WP&B, Financial Reporting, AFE preparation and monitoring, and reforecast.
• Ensuring all local/government, corporate and partner reporting requirements are fulfilled on time.
• Preparing the annual G&A budget and liaise with planning for coordination of plan and reforecast initiatives.
• Liaising with corporate head office for reporting and analysis of capital and G&A.
The ideal candidate will have:
• A Bachelor s degree in Accounting or Business Administration, preferably a Registered or Certified Accountant.
• Minimum 10 years oil and gas accounting and financial experience with operated PSC, covering exploration, development and production operations.
• Hands on experience and familiar with PSC and Joint Venture accounting.
• Experience with establishing procedures, systems etc.
• Supervisory experience and strong leadership skills showing by a demonstrated ability to mentor and train staff.
Only the very best will be considered for this key position. Address your application quoting position title that you apply to :