A Major LNG Operator requires a Lead Process Engineer - Commissioning Support to join them on a contract until March 2011 to be based in Ras Laffan, Qatar.
Becoming a member of the Project Management Team with responsibilities for leading a team of process engineers tasked with supporting the commissioning and start-up of 2 LNG trains and associated facilities, the Lead Process Engineer's main function will be to lead the process commissioning activities on behalf of the company to ensure that the facilities are commissioned, tested and started-up in accordance with Project and/or Vendor Pre-commissioning and Commissioning Procedures.
Within this area of responsibility he/she will be required to:
- Ensure Project and Company safety standards are met or exceeded.
- Manage and lead the activities of a group of engineers and specialists.
- Provide technical support to Company operations during commissioning and start-up of the Project facilities.
- Coordinate and lead a team of process engineering experts to ensure that the plant is safely commissioned and started-up in accordance with Project specifications and standards.
- Monitor the activities of outside resources including contractors, vendors, and licensors during the commissioning and start-up of the facilities.
Suitable candidates will be a Professionally- qualified Engineer with at least 15-20 years Process design and commissioning and team leadership experience, including significant relevant experience on large multi-national and multi-location projects.
The position requires significant on-site leadership experience in the commissioning and starting-up of facilities in many of the following specific categories:
- Gas processing (LNG/NGL).
- Sulfur recovery (SRU).
- Pipelines and plant inlet receiving systems.
- Peripheral processing units and utility systems including: steam, fuel gas, flare, cooling water, and water treatment and disposal systems.
The position requires an ability to liaise effectively at all organizational levels and to represent the Project on Process engineering matters.
The incumbent shall also:
- Be able to cope in a positive and productive manner in a team leadership position, within a high-pressure environment as expected in a large Project with an aggressive schedule.
- Have knowledge and experience in personal computing skills, including MS Outlook, Microsofts Windows Office suite of applications, and process simulation applications such as HYSIS.
- Be able to work well as a member of a large international multi-ethnic Project Team.
- Be willing to travel internationally for extended periods of time and to live outside his home country.
- Have good oral communication abilities and writing skills in the English language
On offer is a competitive tax free day rate in USD with a monthly, accommodation and transport allowance available on a 12x2 rotation with single status.
If you are interested, please send your CV to Graham Poll at
firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference 5691