TECHNICAL AUTHORITY - INSTRUMENTATION & CONTROL SYSTEMS
Job Type :
Company : Total E&P Uk Ltd
Contract : permanent position
Branch : Exploration Production
Location : United Kingdom - Aberdeen
Interviews will take place in : Aberdeen
Starting date : As soon as possible
Salary : According to profile and experience
Job description :
Reporting to the Operations Strategy and Efficiency Manager, you will have discipline responsibility for the development and provision of technical guidance transversely across Total E&P UK and its engineering contractors in support of not only Operations but also other departments. In this role, you will ensure that the company has the correct technical guidance and systems of work in place to ensure the ongoing fitness for purpose of equipment within your area of responsibility, as well as compliance with the Company Referential, UK legislation and or regulatory authority requirements. You will also be responsible within your area of responsibility for approval of key engineering drawings and for preparing an annual report covering the equipment and systems of work in place within Total E&P UK.
- You will have considerable experience in the operation, maintenance and specification in the instrumentation and control systems field within the oil & gas industry. You will support Technical Departments in identification, design, validation and implementation of any engineered solution, regardless of its sponsor (Projects or Field Operations through the modification control procedure)
- Formally approve key engineering and operational documents, validating contractor’s (engineering, construction, consultant etc) key technical deliverables.
- Maintains and regulates the Company Instrumentation and Control Systems specifications and standards.
- Review and approve Performance Standards for Safety Critical Elements related to the Instrument and control discipline.
- Participate and or lead internal and external technical audits, takes part in incident investigations, pro-actively engages in survey, assessment or analysis of any technical situation in the field.
- Provides technical input on both contractor and consultant selection and manages external specialist consultant or contract support.
- Represents Company on Industry Committees and specialist forums (including R&D JIPs, where relevant) especially when they involve other oil and gas operators and/or legislative authorities.
- Acts as main point of contact for Group specialists for such subjects as terms of reference, technical feed-back, derogations, specific dossiers etc
- Coaches and contributes to the development of instrument and control system engineers.
Required skills :
- Degree qualified in a relevant engineering discipline
- Full Chartered Engineer status
- Extensive operational experience gained within the UK North Sea area
- Knowledge of UK legislative and regulatory matters relating to UK offshore oil and gas industry
- Contract management experience
- Proven organisational skills
- Excellent communication and team skills
- Strong commitment to safety
- Ability to travel to onshore and offshore installationssites as required
to apply online via Total: