The Turret/Mooring Engineer Specialist - FSO isresponsible for technical oversight of all tower and mooring engineeringaspects during design, fabrication, and installation on the Project. Ensures that the EPCcontractor produces a cost effective turret/mooring system that is designed tomeet the Project's safety, performance, and durability requirements within theproject budget and schedule. Ensures that the Project's requirements, as detailed in the Technical Specifications, for all the tower/mooring system is met. Assists with all aspects of turret/mooring engineering for the Project, whenever called upon by the Lead Engineer.
Required KNOWLEDGE, qualifications, skills, and EXPERIENCES:
· Thorough and working knowledge of:
- Turret/Mooring engineering, design, fabrication, transportation, and installation principles, theories, and concepts
- Applicable codes, standards and trade practices
- Best practices, processes, and expectations with respect to mooring tower engineering
· Bachelor of Science degree in Naval Architecture, Civil, Ocean, or Maritime Systems Engineering
· 10+ years of closely related professional engineering experience.· Ideally:
- Hands-on design experience with FSO/FPSO mooring systems
- 2+ years of hands-on mooring installation experience
· Working knowledge and expert judgment in the selection and application of mooring analyses software
· Demonstrated hands-on skill at recommending quick, precise solutions to technical issues as required to meet or exceed Project schedule and budget constraints
· Must be able and willing to:
- Work overseas
- Work with others outside his group to ensure that work results are technically compatible
- Work independently with minimum supervision
- Work as an integrated part of a Project team in an assurance role
- Establish strong contact with other advisors for consultation on interfaces (riser and FSO)
- Review and comment on contractor's procedures and method statements for safety and constructability issues
· Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of software programs, Lotus Notes, etc.
· Read, write, and speak fluent English, especially as required to function effectively within a project team and to communicate with project management, contractors, and sub-contractors.
Please forward your updated CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For another opportunity please visit www.istechgroup. com