Location: SE Asia
Type: Permanent Staff
Position: Exploration Geologist
OIL COMPANY EXPERIENCE IS ESSENTIAL
An independent upstream oil and gas company operating in international oil and gas exploration and production globally. Active in Europe, Qatar, United Arab Emirates, Oman, Papua New Guinea, Malaysia, Vietnam, United Kingdom, Libya, Sudan, Albania, Somalia and Russia
Key responsibilities include:
• Play and prospect evaluation, generation and recommendations to management.
• Evaluation of new ventures at the exploration level and/or development/production level.
• Good knowledge of all aspects of geological studies from early stage exploration to development stages.
• Preparation/presentation of technical material to the company’s management, partner(s) and government officials.
• Supervision of all aspects of geology during Exploration/Appraisal drilling as required.
The following skills, experience and qualifications are required:
• Minimum 15 years of oil and gas industry experience.
• MSc or PhD degree in geology or closely related field.
• Asia/South East Asia experience essential in particularly for Indonesia.
• Must be very familiar with all aspects relating to exploration geology, tools and methods, log evaluation and basin modelling including close interface with 2D and 3D seismic.
• Experience in 2D/3D workstation interpretation and/or PC geological software tools.
• Understanding of aspects relating to development geology/field development plans a plus.
• Good knowledge of industry standard geological software.
• Team player and self-starter.
• This is a local staff role open to applicants of Indonesian nationality only.
Please forward your resume to : firstname.lastname@example.org