ONSHORE LOGISTICS BASE SUPRVISOR
Brunel Energy is a global recruitment group providing highly skilled experts and multi discipline consultants to the oil, gas, petrochemical and associated industries. For further information, please visit our website: http://wwwoilandgas jobs.info/?p=113
Our principle, a leading oil and gas operator in the State of Qatar, is having immediate requirement for:
ONSHORE LOGISTICS BASE SUPERVISOR
REPORTS TO: COMPANY LOGISTICS SUPERVISOR
Contract Duration: 1 year; renewable as per project requirements
Work Schedule: 28 days on / 28 days off
Start Date: ASAP
* Competitive Tax Free Day Rate Offered
* Good standard Accommodation, transportation and home leave flights are provided.
* The Onshore Base Supervisor is responsible for the day-to-day running of the supply base including on the site planning and execution of logistics activities, maintaining maximum HSE and operational efficiency.
* He is responsible for implementation of all the company's policies, procedures and minimum standards on logistics operations, safety and environmental protection.
* He will ensure that all warehouse, yard and accommodation facilities are maintained and that suitable planned maintenance programs are in place.
* He will optimize material issues with vessel load outs together with the company Logistics Supervisor and ensure that all material handling operations are conducted in accordance with company's minimum standards.
* He will coach and motivate through man management and leadership a harmonious and successful team-working environment. Ensure that personnel are suitable trained and competent to perform duties.
* He is responsible for stock control and SAP implementation and training in the Supply Base.
MAIN CHALLENGES FOR THIS POSITION ARE:
* To manage and operate a joint yard and warehouse facility utilizing shared equipment and crews to provide 24/7 support for offshore operations.
* Ensure the level of HSE management is at an acceptable level from the start of operations will be a major challenge.
* Ensure that adequate manning and plant levels are maintained to provide the full scope of services within the approved budget.
* A logistics professional with 10 years experience in a senior logistics function within the Oil and Gas Industry including drilling, operations and equipment experience.
* A good planner with experience in all MS office applications including MS project.
* A good knowledge of Road Transport , Dangerous Goods and Hoisting and lifting standards including sound knowledge of Company HSE policies and procedures.
* Creative and enthusiastic with a strong team spirit, who thrives under tough circumstances.
* Ability of working in a multi-cultural environment with good skills of writing and oral English.
* Experience with SAP is a major advantage.
* Previous experience in a similar position would be an advantage.
for complete information